The Graduate Minor in Geographic Information Science and Technology (GIS&T) is available for all interested graduate students at New Mexico State University, regardless of major. Students wishing to earn a Graduate Minor in GIS&T have to meet the requirements outlined below.
All of the following courses:
Two of the following courses:
- GEOG 521, GIS Applications and Modeling
- GEOG 571, Cartography and GIS
- GEOG 572, Geodatabase Design
- GEOG 581, GIS Design
- GEOG 582, Advanced Remote Sensing
- GEOG 598, GIS and Water Resources
- For a class to count toward a student’s minor, the student must earn a grade of B or better in that class.
- Some of these courses may have prerequisites and/or require instructor approval; other geospatial courses may be substituted on a case-by-case basis with written approval.
- Graduate Minor in GIS&T requirements (PDF).
Go to Graduate Catalog and/or contact your major department concerning all other degree requirements.