Becoming a Geography Major at NMSU
You may become a geography major at ANY TIME during your academic career at NMSU. If you know that you want to study geography at the time of admission to the university, declare geography as your major during the admission process (See “General Information for Entering Freshmen” below.). If you would like to declare geography as your major at a later point in time, simply complete the change major process online.
General Information for Entering Freshmen
To study geography at New Mexico State University (NMSU), you must first apply to NMSU and be admitted to NMSU.
To be admitted to NMSU, you need to:
- Complete an admission application.
- Submit a $20 nonrefundable application fee (this can be done online as part of the application process, or sent in as a check or money order with the hardcopy application).
- Send a copy of your transcripts to:
Office of Admissions, MSC 3A
New Mexico State University
P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003
- Have official ACT or SAT test scores sent to NMSU:
ACT: www.actstudent.org or 1-319-337-1270. NMSU’s ACT code is 2638.
SAT: www.collegeboard.com or 1-212-713-8000. NMSU’s SAT code is 4531.
- After your final semester of high school, have your final official transcript sent to the NMSU Admissions Office to complete your admission.
Information on degrees and majors offered at NMSU.